The week of Easter in Chattooga County has historically been chock full of events leading up to Sunday. This year is no different. There are Easter egg hunts, Maundy Thursday services, Good Friday services, sunrise services, Easter dramas and other services that will bring to life the Easter Holy Week and Resurrection of Jesus Christ for Christians.
Many churches scheduled events and many have already held Easter egg hunts, leading to the events of the weekend and today’s Maundy Thursday services.
Here are just a few of the events that have taken place or are planned for later in the week:
EASTER EGG HUNTS
* An Easter egg hunt has already been held at North Summerville Baptist Church last Saturday.
* An Easter egg hunt is scheduled for noon Saturday at James H. “Sloppy” Floyd State Park.
* An Easter egg hunt is planned at 3 p.m. Saturday at Teloga Baptist Church.
* A Town of Lyerly, Lyerly United Methodist Church, Lyerly First Baptist Church and Pentecostal Power Ministries egg hunt is planned for 1 p.m. Saturday at Angus McLeod Park for ages 2-12.
* An Easter egg hunt is planned from noon until 2 p.m. Saturday at Central Avenue Baptist Church in Trion.
* Maundy Thursday services will be held at United By Faith Baptist Church at 6:30 p.m. today.
* Wesley Chapel Methodist Church, at 7 a.m. Sunday.
* Perennial Springs Baptist Church, at 7 a.m. Sunday.
* Pond Springs A.M.E. Zion Church at 7 a.m. Sunday.
* Lyerly Pentecostal Tabernacle at 7:29 a.m. Sunday.
* Mountain View Baptist Church at 8 a.m. Sunday.
* Johnson Cemetery in Chattoogaville at 6:45 a.m. Sunday sponsored by Sardis Baptist Church.
* Horizon Baptist Church, Good Friday service at 7 p.m. Friday.
* Horizon Baptist Church Musical “Victory! The Proclamation of Easter” at 11 a.m. Sunday.
* Subligna Baptist Church, breakfast at 8:30 a.m. Sunday.
* New Spirit and Truth of Jesus Christ Church, Passover service at 8:30 p.m. Saturday.
* Perennial Springs Baptist Church, Easter Cantata at 10:30 a.m. Sunday.
* United Christian Fellowship Drama “Victor’s Crown” at 11 a.m. Sunday.
* Summerville First Baptist Church, “Where Love Surrounds” Reading Through the Four Gospels, drop-in from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. Good Friday.