She would have sold more but several people showed up at her office on Monday afternoon and paid their property taxes.
The sale collected $8,227.24 in uncollected taxes. That’s not counting the people who paid their taxes before the auction.
The tax commissioner started the auction process in earlier this year. She sent out 150 letters earlier this year threatening to sell people’s property if they didn’t pay.
Currently, Hampton is planning another tax sale in July. She will have 15 properties to sell in July.
- Teresa Womack purchased two acres on DC Brown Road for taxes owed since 2014. She paid $739.01.
- Robert Himes and Sandra Himes purchased 8.95 acres for taxes owed since 2008. They paid $8200.
- Phillip Wright purchased a lot in Summerville for taxes owed since 2011. He paid $714.67.
- Kenneth Flood purchased property on O’Neil Road for taxes owed since 2014. He paid $600.
- Phillip Wright purchased 1.68 acres on Roseway Circle for taxes owed since 2011. He paid $3850.
- Chris Henderson purchased two acres for taxes owed since 2014. He paid $500
The other four properties were smaller properties and amounts.
“It went very smooth. I’m getting the hang of it,” the tax commissioner said.