Skip to content

Small Cooking Fire Reported In Summerville

The Summerville Fire Department responded to a fire that started on a stove on May 15, according to reports.

Elvia Bautista said a small fire erupted on her stove while she was cooking around 5 p.m.

“When I arrived I could see a small amount of smoke coming from the residence. The fire department advised that the fire had been extinguished. I saw damage to the stove and the hood
above the stove. There was burnt food in the kitchen,” Deputy Nicole Sprague stated.