The Chattooga County Tax Commissioner collected more than $16,000 in uncollected taxes.
Tax Commissioner Joy Hampton sold 20 properties on the courthouse steps Tuesday morning.
“I have been working with our delinquent collections company for more than a year to get these ready for a sale, as many of the properties have gone unclaimed and/or uncollectible for 10-20 years (and longer in many cases). There will be more of the same forthcoming, but I am pleased with how smoothly this sale went,” Hampton said.
By the end of the sale, $16,954.46 was collected in taxes and fees, and $1,358.74 will go to excess funds. Total amount of all bids was $18,313.20.
The next tax sale will be for mobile homes with unpaid taxes and that sale is scheduled for October 2.
* Teresa S. Womack purchased three lots in Cloudland and another one at 17617 Hwy. 27.
* Shirley Stoker Whitworth and Robert Eugene Whitworth purchased four lots in Cloudland.
* Avery Farrill Anderson purchased three lots in Cloudland.
* Greg Art purchased a lot in Cloudland for $825.
* Christopher Michael Lee purchased a lot in Cloudland for $807.38 and a lot off Hwy. 27 in Summerville for $637.80.
* Jimmy and Carol Thomason purchased two lots in Cloudland.
* David Or and Linda Autry purchased a lot in Cloudland for $935.
* Mark Ballard purchased a lot in Menlo for $975.
* Charles A. Stoker purchased a lot in Cloudland for $808.12.
* Edward Bates purchased a lot on Knollwood Circle for $1,200.