Skip to content

Apartment Fire Caused By Cigarette Igniting An Oxygen Tank

A Silver Leaf Apartment in Trion was seriously damaged yesterday after the resident’s cigarette ignited his oxygen tank, according to Trion Police Chief David Gilleland.

“Trion Police Department along with EMS and Trion Fire Department responded to a fire at the residence of Edgar Hunter, 65, of 365 Thomas Road Apartment 3. There was a fire that was contained by Trion Fire Department that appeared to have been started by smoking cigarettes while in use of oxygen in the residence. This incident remains under investigation with The Trion Police Department,” Chief Gilleland stated.

The apartment unit next door was also checked for fire. Although no signs of fire got into the other apartment, Gilleland believes it might have been damaged by smoke.

Leave a Comment