* Debbie K. Whaley, 62, of Mitchell Avenue, Summerville, was arrested for “flipping a bird” at the Summerville Police Officer who stopped her for running a red light Friday night.
* Samantha Miller, of Canton, told Chief Detective Brian Ozment that someone opened a bank account in her name. The person opened the account over the internet. The thief attempted to use the new account to pay for a Georgia Power bill.
* Morgan Ledbetter, of Church Street, Summerville, said someone broke into her white 1996 Honda Accord and stole a Dura-Last car battery valued at $160. The incident happened between Friday and Saturday.
* Joanna Martin said someone broke into her storage building at A&C Storage, at 130 Favor Street. “She then observed a sewing box on the floor and was missing a box with a Kirby vacuum cleaner parts,” Officer Matt Pritchard stated.
* Heather Black, of McGinnis Circle, said someone backed into her black 2008 Ford Edge on Saturday. Whoever hit the vehicle did not stick around to report the accident to the police.
* Troy Eugene Lucas, 44, of Chattanooga, was cited for possession of less than an ounce of marijuana on Saturday afternoon. Officer Matthew Wilson stopped Lucas from driving without a seatbelt and discovered the marijuana inside Lucas’ car.
* Stephen Daune Shaver, 54, of Summerville, was arrested for public intoxication while at the Hwy. 114 Circle K convenience store around 1 a.m. Sunday. Shaver attempted to leave the store lot but was so intoxicated he could not stand, according to Officer David Westbrooks. “Subject was taking an unreasonable risk to others by attempting to drive off the lot,” Officer Westbrooks stated.
* Justin Tolbert Pettyjohn, 26, of Lyerly, was arrested Friday afternoon for possession of less than an ounce of marijuana.