Doris Delayne Fowler, of Rome, said someone broke into 751 Martin Street, in Summerville, on June 3. A locked screen door was destroyed by the burglar gaining access to the home. A hasp on the door was then pried off.
The following items are listed as missing:
- A $250 North American Arms .22 handgun
- A $138 “Davey Crickett” .22 caliber rifle.
- $450 worth of gold jeweley
- A $100 worth of Rachael Ray cookware
- A child’s drum set
- A $50 Thomas The Train set
- A $25 rechargeable pedicure file
- A knife collection of unknown value
- A DVD player
“[Fowler] advised that the offender had also damaged the hasp to a utility building on the property but was unable to gain entry to the building. [Fowler] advised that a perimeter fence was also damaged apparently when the offender had came onto the premise,” Officer Lt. Tim Fulmer stated.