Summerville Fireworks Show Coming Tomorrow At Agriculture Center

Scenes From Last Year’s Firework Blow Out Celebration

Something new is being added to Saturday’s City of Summerville firework show.
Hamburgers and hotdogs will be sold in J.R. “Dick” Dowdy Park from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday ahead of the firework show. They are being sold as part of a fundraiser for the North Georgia Cruisers annual Christmas giveaway.
“Before the fireworks begin, come by and get some hot dogs and a hamburger,” said David Burkhalter, president of the car club.
The club will also have a line of vintage vehicles on display.
Festivities for the city’s “Celebrate Independence and Fireworks Show” starts at 5 p.m. There will be free water slide play, free sliced watermelons, sack race games, a dunking booth, a concert, corn hole tournament and then ends with a firework show.
Registration for teams wishing to compete in the corn hole tournament will be taken at the covered arena beginning at 5:30 p.m. Team registration will conclude at 6 p.m. The Corn hole registration fee is set at $20 per team, with the winning team taking 60 percent of the pot and second place team taking the remaining 40 percent.
The Greasy Pole Climbing Contest will get started at 5 p.m. Attendees’ wishing to try their skills at defeating the pole, ages 12-20, will have a chance at winning a $50 bill if they make it to the top. Contestants must register and have a release waiver signed before competing.
Small Town Rumor will be in concert, keeping the music flowing from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. with their sounds of country, southern rock, and today’s top 40 hits. It is suggested to bring lawn chairs, blankets, and dancing shoes for this evening of entertainment.
Then at 10 p.m. the city will deliver its 15-minute show that includes an array of fireworks exploding from 300-1,000 feet in the air.
While there will be many vantage points to view the fireworks show, the Chattooga County Agricultural Center is an ideal location. Those wishing to view the fireworks display at the Ag Center should proceed to this area well in advance for parking.
For more information, contact the Summerville Recreation Department at 706-859-0910.

1 Comment

  1. Karen on June 29, 2019 at 9:17 pm

    I’m sorry this sucks but July 4th is Tuesday not Saturday, June 29, 2019.
    WHAT’S WRONG WITH HAVING A CELEBRATION ON THE CALENDERS SAYs!
    I heard the display go off at 10:00PM at my house and lasted 30 minutes.
    I had NO idea they were celebrating on Saturday. I guess we no longer celebrate on the day because it is inconvenient with peoples schedules and vacations.
    Disappointed indeed. 😞🙁😖

Leave a Comment