An intoxicated man passed out on the sidewalk in front of the Summerville Pizza Hut store on Friday afternoon, according to local police.
Robert Matthew Snider, 26, was sleeping on the sidewalk in front of the restaurant, according to a Summerville Police report.
“He was very intoxicated from the effects of alcoholic beverages at the time contact was made,” Lt. Tim Fulmer stated.
He was cited for public intoxication.
Police also reported during the past week, according to reports, that:
* James Hoyt Williams, 59, and Lisa Renee Williams, 59, both of Trion, were cited for possession of less than an ounce of marijuana after going through a roadblock Sunday night.
* Chris Montgomery found an unauthorized transaction on his bank account Saturday. It was for $9.99 to Microsoft Xbox.
* Erika Hudgins, of Hemlock Street, said a man shoved her and then broke the driver side handle off her car door Sunday afternoon. Derrick Delvon Chambers, 29, of Summerville, allegedly was irate over a debt Hudgins owed.
“Mr. Chamber, he did admit to getting verbally confrontational with Ms. Hudgins, but stated that he never assaulted her nor did he damage her car door. There were several witnesses on the scene but neither witness wanted to be involved. However, they did advise that Mr. Chambers was irate in public view,” Officer Brock Campbell stated.
Chambers was arrested for disorderly conduct.
* Mark Watkins, of Scoggins Street, said a Lyerly man is harassing him with threatening text messages. He let deputies know who was sending the messages.
* Austin Pierce, 25, of 464 James Street, Summerville, was arrested for having Phentermine Hydrochloride pills in his possession on Saturday afternoon. He was charged with possession of a schedule IV drug and failure to keep drugs in their original container.