Trion BOE Approves FY20 Budget With $254,721.22 Deficit To Be Covered By Ending Fund Equity
The Trion Board of Education approved its FY20 budget at its meeting Monday. Also approved was a revision to the 2019-2021 calendar.
The budget calls for $13,179,195 in local and state revenue.
Expenditures are listed at $13,433,9216.22. The difference, $254,721.22 over budget will be taken from the system’s ending fund balance.
The estimated ending fund balance on June 30, 2020 is expected to be $3,220,278.78. Of that amount, $1-million is set aside in a reserved capital fund.
In other business, the board:
* Approved the system’s SPLOST financial report. Two bond payments were made on July 24 that left a balance of $459,431.51.
* Approved the general Fund Obligation Bond series report showing a balance of $144,680.54.
* Approved moving a planning day on the school calendar set for Jan. 3, 2020 be moved to May 29, 2020.
* Heard the Bulldog Athletic Club financial report.
* Heard the Band Boosters financial report.
* Heard the system enrollment report.
In personnel action, the board:
* Approved the employment of Dieni Montgomery as school nutrition director;
* Approved the employment of Isaac Geisler as full time custodian;
* Approved the resignation of Judy Tapp as an elementary paraprofessional;
* Approved the resignation of Sheryl York as a full time custodian;
* Approved the employment of Emily Parker, Jared Pickard, Rebeccah Woody, Heather Homen as substitute teachers;
* Approved the employment of Donna Duff as a certified substitute teacher;
* Approved the employment of Amber Seegar in food service;
* Approved the employment of Tammy Henderson and Katelyn Martin as substitutes in food service;
* Approved the employment of Priscilla Baltazar Gaspar and Tommy Lawrence, as substitute custodians.