Upset that a mother would not spank her children in bed resulted in a local man’s arrest on Tuesday, according to Summerville Police reports.
Richard Arlen Humphrey Jr., 37, of Starling Mill Road, Lyerly, was arrested Tuesday for disorderly conduct. “Subject was involved in a domestic dispute. He was heard cursing and punched holes at least four times,” Officer Steve Bates reported.
The dispute started because he claims Candee Colbert would not spank her children for not going to sleep after they were put to bed.
“The disagreement began when Mr. Humphrey felt Ms. Colbert should spank her children for not going to sleep after they were put to bed. . . Mr. Humphrey hit the walls at least four different times putting holes into them,” Officer Bates reported.
Officers also reported during the past week, according to reports, that:
* Jeffery Dewayne Caldwell, 27, of 1022 Martin Street, was cited Tuesday for disorderly conduct. “Subject was involved in a domestic dispute with brother inside the residence,” Officer Ricky Van Pelt reported.
* Jacob Adam Caldwell, 24, of 1022 Martin Street, was cited for disorderly conduct Tuesday.
“Subject was involved in a verbal altercation with his brother Jeffery Caldwell. Subject’s mother was afraid the altercation was about to turn physical because she was unable to separate them,” Officer Steve Bates stated.
* A yellow shopping cart rolled into the middle of the highway and struck a sheriff’s office truck Monday afternoon. Terry “Butch” Gardner, of Lyerly, was driving a sheriff’s vehicle when the buggy rolled out of the Dollar General parking lot on Commerce Street and struck the work truck in the passenger side. Storm winds are being blamed for the buggy being put into motion and then striking the white 2008 Ford F-250 truck.
* Alicia Young said someone stole her $1,946 financial aid check from her mailbox.
* Benjamin Lowe, of Fulmer Street, said someone stole the $60 trailer jack off the tongue of his enclosed trailer.