Another pit bull dog attack is being reported in Chattooga County. This time a pit bull attacked and seriously injured a local couple’s pet, according to Summerville Police reports.
The attack happened just before 5 p.m. Monday. Lynn Stroup was outside her home with the family’s dachshund dog. About that time, a female juvenile from a neighboring home was walking a pit bull down the road. Once the pit bull spotted the dachshund, the pit broke loose from the juvenile and attacked the small dog.
“The dachshund received a fractured jaw and several punctures on the throat area. [I] spoke with the owners [of the pit bull] about the incident,” Summerville Policeman Steve Bates stated.
The pit bull owners made financial arrangements to take care of the dachshund’s medical bills.
When it comes to dogs being problematic, pits were on the top of the list last year by far, according to law enforcement reports. Cops and animal control officers have been called to several residences because of that breed of dog. Those incidents, according to incident reports, include:
- In September a puppy was seriously injured by pit bulls n Henderson Street in Summerville.
- In April, Summerville policemen responded to an aggressive pit bull dog incident on Henderson Street.
- In May, a white stray dog got into a Henderson Street fence and three pit bulls killed it.
- In June, two pit bulls ran after a local Hill Avenue resident in Summerville.
- In October, a woman was attacked by a pit bull on Kellett Street. She was transported by ambulance to a hospital in Floyd County.
- In November, a pit bull attacked a Mountain Side Drive man’s dog. His dog was severely injured.